Once midnight hits, the servers will automatically switch to Pandaria -- like magic.
By Tim Colwill on September 25, 2012 at 11:46 am
Blizzard’s latest World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria, launches today — and Blizzard are very excited to reveal that you don’t even need to log out in order to start accessing the new content.
Here’s the official word, straight from the forums:
- A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
- Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full — or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
- Level-85 players will notice their experience bar automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.
For details on the start time in your particular state or timezone, click here.